Nov 29, 2010

9lb bundle of JOY, delivered by Joy








Well I must admit I've been delaying posting this on my blog... I know I said I would and yet it feels odd to post images of myself in labor. As I start to write the story of her birth I find myself deleting more and more pictures... with a smile on my face I know I'm not the only photographer who only likes to be behind the lens.

I'd like to introduce our darling new addition to this family, Miss Charlotte Lyla. Born on her brothers birthday, Oct 5! I know hear of this happening more then I thought. Blaine was delighted at such a unique and special birthday gift.

born a happy healthy nine pounds! We had a stupendous crew of 2 Midwives, my amazing doula Tracy ( she has been at all my births!) a student Midwife, my sisters' mother in law and my well composed husband. There were both pros and cons to having her at home and I am still undecided as to if I prefered it or a hospital birth. I loved being at home during labor and after her birth but during I recall thinking..."why am I not at the hospital!" Although that was a quick and samll thought, it did cross my mind. While I am undecided if I preferred it or not, I'm thankful I don't have to choose for a next time! Here are a very few first glances and pre birth photos of the cool tub I still wish I wasWith this being our last addition we decided to do something different...we had a home birth! The plan was a water birth however things were not progressing in such a direction. She was able to birth her in!








My midwife JOY







The morning after she was born...





No comments:

Post a Comment